THE HISTORY AND FUTURE OF STAMFORD KIWANIS
CHANGING THE WORLD ONE CHILD AND ONE COMMUNITY AT A TIME
Our club was founded 57 years ago and became part of Kiwanis International, in the Eastern Canada and Caribbean District. We have supported Kiwanis International world service projects but most money and service hours are invested locally.
All service clubs raise money through fundraisers then invest it back in our community through service projects and support of organizations and individuals. Every Kiwanis member has touched lives of all ages in our community, and Niagara Falls has been and will be better because our club makes a difference.
Past Major Fundraisers
Over 57 years these projects have allowed us to put over 3 million dollars back into our community.
- Tour Map
- History of Niagara Books
- Duck Race
- Bus Bench Advertising
- Niagara Falls Tapestry Sales
- Kiwanis TV Bingo - a joint Niagara Region Kiwanis Project
- Golf Tournament
- Trivia Night
- Product Sales
Major Fund Distribution (totalling over $50,000 yearly)
- Boys & Girls Club
- Salvation Army
- Project Share
- Key Clubs
- Pathstone Mental Health
- Heartland Forest
- Meals on Wheels
- Women in Crisis
- Multiple individual and group requests
Major Service Projects - Ongoing
- Kiwanis Music Festival - 80 years old and serving the young
- Kiwanis Non-Profit Housing - 2 geared to income apartment buildings - 96 units and a 30 unit senior building presently under construction
- Key Clubs - we sponsor and mentor 2 high school Key Clubs
- Early Childhood Development Centres - we join with other Niagara area Kiwanis Clubs to provide educational kits to most daycare centres
- Ailanthis Avenue clean up
- We also assist Salvation Army and Project Share with manpower hours
At present we are putting over $50,000 yearly back into our community. We have gone from weekly meetings to twice monthly. We have a strict membership code - have fun, contribute hours and ideas, enjoy serving with like-minded members and you will develop friendships and be part of Kiwanis next 100 years. Our history is inspiring, our future can be amazing.